Thursday, August 11, 2016

Best Booth Award and Quilt Market Wrap Up

I've been so busy this summer, but decided it was finally time to do a Spring Market Wrap Up. It was my first time back with a booth at market since I got sick, so I was excited! Since Quilt Market was in my home town this year, I decided to do some fun things I wouldn't normally get to do when market is so far away (like utilizing having my sons close and making them bring in heavy furniture). The last time Quilt Market was in Salt Lake City five years ago, I did an ice cream shop to promote my fabric line, Sorbet Garden. We handed out little ice cream cones, brought in a real ice cream freezer, and the whole booth was a total hit. I even won the Most Creative booth award and I wanted this year to be just as memorable.

The Sweet Shop theme came about because I wanted to promote the Jillily Studio Sweet Shops program for Quilt Shops and my newest fabric line "Meadow Sweets", from Penny Rose Fabrics. Doing an actual old-fashioned sweet shop seemed like the way to go.

Let me give you a tour of my booth:
I liked having this bar in the booth because it made it feel like a real old-fashioned sweet shop.
The quilt behind me, Meadow Weaver, shows off my newest fabric line from Penny Rose coming out in the fall. The red color-way is shown on a poster next to the quilt.  
I rented this glass case and put in real truffles, bon bons, and petit fours, because you can't have a sweet shop without real sweets. I had my latest patterns and quilts displayed as a "treat" in the case as well. We handed out little chocolates for people who came by the booth.

One of the patterns I really wanted to display was my Sweet Delights pincushion pattern,which I originally wrote years ago. I made up the little pincushions in the Meadow Sweets fabric and they turned out so cute:
Because we were local, I was able to bring in large pieces of furniture that I can't take when I usually travel for market. This china hutch was also used in my ice cream shop five years ago!

The two red/pink quilts are new designs also using Meadow Sweets fabric. Penny Candy and Strawberry Tart. Patterns will be available for these in a few months.

I love these glass apothecary jars that we bought for my daughter's wedding a few years ago. I use them all the time! Christmas, parties, and when we're not doing anything fancy they hold notions in my studio
I always have my signature black and white floor, but this Sweet Shop sticker might be my favorite thing! I got the inspiration from my daughter's wedding when we had a sticker printed for their dance floor
I borrowed this antique candy scale from a boutique here in Utah. I thought it really added to the Sweet Shop charm. You can see my "Meadow Sweets" fabric line displayed on the bookshelves. It'll be coming out in October!    
I won the Best Booth Award!
Me and Margaret in the Sugar Sister's cute booth. Don't we look like sisters?
My sister Margaret helps me out with my booth nearly every market and my nieces and daughter were able to come to this one as well since it was in Salt Lake.
Carina Gardner and Sugar Sisters Design (both designers for Riley Blake) also won booth awards. Our booths were all on the same corner of market. I guess it was a lucky corner!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my booth even though it's been a few months since market.

To find out more about becoming a Jillily Studio Sweet Shop, click here. If your shop carries my products, you may already qualify!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful booth! Glad to see you again with a booth.

Joanie Schwarzbeck said...

Thank you for sharing such great pictures! Your booth in Chicago a few years ago was so cute...but this one...WOW!
Congrats on the award!

Zanymouse said...

Congratulations, your booth looks amazing! It warms my heart to see you doing so well : )

Valerie Geib said...

Jill, your booth is beautiful and I am so happy to see you feeling well! Congratulations!

Barb said...

Your booth is just fabulous....and a lot of fun....very clever. Congrats!!

Barb Neiwert said...

That is a great booth and deserving! Can you tell me where you got the floor stickers printed? I'd like to get one for my daughter's upcoming wedding, too!

Helen L said...

Fantastic booth: I don't know how you come up with your ideas, but you are so creative!!Can't wait to see your new line!! Hugs, H