Tuesday, July 29, 2014

HELP WANTED


Ok, people.  I told you I'd be posting my new patterns for all to see, and they are finally ALMOST ready.  So I thought I would put up a few pictures here.  But first of all, an important announcement:

I NEED HELP!  HELP WANTED:  I need a new office manager for Jillily Studio.  My daughter Sarah is moving and I will be left alone, with all this work to do!  So if you live nearby, (Herriman, UTAH)  and are interested in having a fun little part-time job with very flexible hours, email me!!  I need someone about 12 - 15 hours a week to do the shipping, filing, and kit cutting.  Quilting experience is needed.  Please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.
My email is:
jill@jillilystudio.com

Now that is over, I have to show you the new stuff!
First of all, I did a really fun, free-wheeling quilt titled WEEKENDER.


This is a bright happy quilt made from my new fabric collection, Park Drive.  (The fabric should be in stores, and on my website in August.  I can't wait for it to arrive!)


 I just love the way Maika quilted this one--don't you?   It is modern and crisp, yet traditional, too.

The next quilt pattern I am introducing is called CHERRY LANE.  It also uses the Park Drive collection of fabrics.  When I get the fabric, I plan to start making a few more designs.  These quilts were made using the strike-off fabric samples, so they look good, but don't drape so well.  Ha Ha.


Cherry Lane is a square, so it makes a nice table topper.  I just love the toile print in this collection.  I can think of TONS of ways to use it.  Can you?


The next quilt has become a favorite of mine.  I love the simple, classic color scheme and design.
ARGYLE AVENUE boasts some ric rac embellishment that just makes this quilt!


I love how the ric rac turns into a scrolly vine in the border.  Lots of fun to do, and easy, too!


The black and green diamonds are so scrappy that it adds sparkle.  I am planning to offer kits of all three new designs on my website.   I'll put them up just as soon as I get fabric.

I need comments.  Which one is your favorite?  What would you do with a toile print?  What have you been doing this summer?  Would you like to come work for Jillily Studio????


22 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all your patterns and my favorite is the last one. Maybe because of the colors. Sorry I can't come to work for you, it is a bit to long for work.
// Ankie from Sweden.

Amy DeCesare said...

What a great new collection, with so many awesome ideas...bicycles, cherries, and RIC RAC! My favorites! I think the bicycle applique is just gorgeous, so that's my vote.

Podunk Pretties said...

It's impossible to pick a favorite, all are amazing!

Renea said...

Very cute quilts. I would LOVE to come work with you (it would be considered my dream job) but my husband would think a commute from Iowa would be a little long. I envy the lucky person who will get to work with you.

Margaret said...

I love weekender if I have to choose just one. I wish I could work for you but like the others Arkansas is to far to drive

Joan said...

Beautiful fabrics and love the quilts! I always look forward to your posts and your amazing work.

my happy bluebird said...

All three quilts are absolutely gorgeous! I would take that part time job in a heartbeat -- but I'm all the way over here in New Jersey. Love your new fabric collection :-)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful designs! I would love to make all three! I would applique cherries right on the toile!

Unknown said...

It's a hard choice but I think I like the argyle best because it is very striking and unique. I haven't seen anything like it before.

Kristy said...

I can't choose! I love them all! The bikes are too sweet and the cherries too. The argyle one with the rick-rack is amazing. So sophisticated! I live too far away to help you but I am sure someone will come along soon. Beautiful new patterns and fabric. So glad you shared. K-

onlymehere said...

Wish I lived closer to Herriman but I'm up by Logan. My favorite is the one with the bike. Are the bike's applique? I have a daughter and SIL who are very much into bikes and this would be a fun quilt for them or their new baby-to-be!

VickiT said...

Oh gosh, I cannot possibly choose a favorite. I LOVE them all for different reasons. If I could afford to buy a kit, I can tell you that I'd start with the cherries first. I've always loved cherries.

Nope, sorry but you're too far from me so I can't help. I will tell you what I had said to Patty from ModKidBoutique a few years back when she was looking for help and it worked out great for her. Is there a university near you or college that has a curriculum that would be a fit for someone going into designing or art? You might get lucky in putting an ad in the school newspaper under help wanted and find someone that would be the perfect fit for you. Good luck.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Oh weekender is adorable. Those bicycles. Ahhh.

I'm not sure what hubby will say when I mention the need to move to the other side of the world to work for you... Once he gets over the shock, I'm sure he'll be fine. lol.

Someone will be a happy camper when they get to come to work with you.

All the best from Australia.

Farm Quilter said...

All the quilts are great! I'm loving the Argyle Avenue with those totally cool scrolls of ric rac! I would love to work for you but Washington is too far to commute! Can't you figure out a way to do this as a distance job? You're creative...I'm certain you could figure it out, but someone close will love to have this job!

Maxine said...

Love the Argyle Avenue because it is just a little bit different. If you have something I could do here in St George Utah, I along with it looks like way too many people I would just LOVE LOVE to work for you.

Deborah said...

I would love to come work for you but the commute would be a killer! I like all three quilts but I think my favourite is the bikes.

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

I LOVE Argyle Avenue - the ric rac is genius and beautiful! I love the line of fabric too! Good luck finding someone to work with you - it sure would be fun:)

Margo Yang said...

I love the weekender. The bike is really cute. I just finished the Cherries Jubilee quilt and it looks great. Would love, love to work for you, but the commute from California would be a bit far.....

Denise in PA said...

Sigh, you are offering my dream job! Sure wish I lived close enough to do it! I must make Argyle Avenue - it's stunning! And, you are sure those scrolly vines are easy? It looks pretty scary but makes the quilt! o:) Park Drive is adorable too! I love Toile prints - I've used them for backgrounds.

Lisa said...

I would love to work for you, but live too far away. My fav is the argyle quilt.

maudie said...

The argyle is my favorite.

Helen L said...

I soooo wish I could come and work for you: I'd probably take my pay in fabric!! :-P And I love all three of your patterns: I'll be wanting all of them!! Are you going to be at any quilt shows any time soon? (wish you were going to be at PIQF!) I'm off to scout out your shop to see if the kits are up yet!! I remember that it was just about a year ago that I was able to go out and see you at your open-house (and spend too much money!) :-P It was fun and I wish I could do it again, but it won't be happening this year. So glad to see your wonderful fabric!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg