Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Better Late Post


Market was, as usual, a whirlwind.  Most of the reason that I don't get around to sharing it with you right away is that I am so exhausted and overloaded when I get home that I just can't seem to get to it.  It is always a lot of work, and a lot of fun.

 Market was in Pittsburgh in May.  This time I did my booth in my predictable style, with black and white tile floor and striped awning.  I had my booth set up as a kind of candy store, or Sweet Shop.  (Perfect for introducing my new shop program called Jillily Sweet Shops.)  We had candy jars filled with goodies on shelves and tables, and lots of new quilts, too.  (I will introduce all the new quilts in my next post.)


If a quilt shop carries my products--(Appli-Glue, Poke-A-Dots, fabric collections, Aurifil Thread collections, patterns and books)--they can be a SWEET SHOP!  Watch for them popping up all over!  In just a few weeks, we will be sending out all the goodies to our valued shops, and they will share them with you.  How sweet is that?

  My fabulous sister, Margaret, was with me again, helping with everything.  We had a great time together, as usual.


We also set up the Henry Glass booth, which I designed again.  This time we used a spring garden theme, and made flowers from all the different fabric collections blooming all over the booth. 


 Here is the Henry Glass gang.  We all have such a great relationship, and I love working with these people.  They are the best!  In fact, at the next Market this fall, we are releasing a book together.  More about that later. . .


Next I will show you some of the fun people that visited my booth--
The Fat Quarter Shop Gang--  Kimberly, where are you?


Jeanne from Bernina!


Mark Lipinski and Linda Lum DeBono after I practically had to sneak Mark into the show during set-up!  He can pass as one of my employees, don't you think?


I always look forward to a visit from Sarah and her mom, Joyce.

That's all I have for now.  I will show you all the new quilts soon! 


2 comments:

Margo Yang said...

I just love your quilt designs and your booth looked lovely.

Helen L said...

Your booth looks terrific, and I don't even know how you had the energy to set up the HG booth also!! I'd be having a panic attack!! :-) And I can't wait to see your new quilts!! I have a question: I have your appli-glue, but not the tip: do you know where I can get one without having to pay as much for the tip as shipping? I'm in Healdsburg, Ca, just north of San Francisco. Thanks!!!! Hugs, Helen