Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Future of Quilting


This week, one of my blog post tutorials was featured on the Martingale's STITCH THIS blog.  It teaches how to make and use bias tape.  I wanted to let you know about it because there are many other wonderful tutorials featured there as well.  You will want to check it out:

http://blog.shopmartingale.com/quilting-sewing/14-awesome-quilting-tutorials-from-our-authors/

And if you want more information about my bias tape lessons, there is a video tutorial on my website as well.  Just click HERE.

Now on to my thought for the day.  I wanted to let you know that our art is in good hands.  Every where I travel, I meet people who are teaching quilting to young children, and by this, quilting is passed on to the next generation.  They will have the joy and fulfillment of creating something that lasts--and most likely, they will also pass it on.  We have been doing this for generations, and it just gets better and better over time.

When I was in Colorado last week, I met a grandmother who brought her darling grand-daughter,  Sarah (age 6) to meet me.  She had done her first quilt, and had earned a ribbon at a local quilt show.


Isn't that great!!  Way to go, Sarah!

1 comment:

Helen L said...

I just went and read your tutorial on bias tape. You sure made it look easy!! I've made it before with different methods, but this sure looks like the easiest way yet: thanks!!