Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cameras Rolling . . .

Wow, I have been busy.  But busy is good, right?  I just returned from a trip to Texas.  I was invited by the Fat Quarter Shop to film some tutorial videos with them. We had a great time!


Kimberly Jolly had her cute set all fixed up with my "Twirl" fabric collection displayed.  We changed out the background quilt for each video, and it looked great.



Here is Kimberly showing off a cute personalized towel that Janet Platt of QuickPoints Rulers made using my "Twirl" fabrics.    The quilt hanging in the background is the free pattern, "Twirl" which you can download on my website.  The pattern uses a regular binding, but I decided to add a scalloped binding--and it turned out great!  (Kits available here)


The quilting on the Twirl quilt is so cute.  Maika did some swirls mixed with ballet shoes.  How appropriate!


A lot of work goes into making those tutorials look good.  There was a team of photographers and audio-ist (that's a word, right?) making sure it all turned out well.  The overhead camera, and over-the-shoulder camera give nice, close up, detailed shots so you can really see what we are working on.

Kimberly has a great operation going there at the Fat Quarter Shop!  She keeps everyone on their toes, and brings you all the best in quilting and sewing videos.  My videos will be up in a few weeks when they are edited.  Stay tuned, and I will post the link to all of the fun we had!

Speaking of being on your toes. . . . one of the quilts we featured in our filming was my "Bows and Toes" quilt (kits available here) .  It started off with Kimberly wanting me to show appliqué for this quilt, and then it just expanded from there.


We did appliqué, notions, techniques--everything we could think of!  Tons of good quilting information is in those short tutorials.  I am very excited about it.

On the appliqué video, I did a simple block with a flower in the center, using fabrics from my Jams and Jellies collection.  Then later that night in my hotel room, I turned it into a pillow.  I didn't have all my supplies with me, and had to just "eyeball" the quilting, but it turned out so cute that I am going to use it as my PDQ project this month.  That means that the free pattern will be available on the Henry Glass website.

I better go write the pattern!  I'll let you know when it is ready.

5 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

Oh how much fun is that! I can't wait to watch your video's Jill! That is going to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!
THANKS LOADS FOR SHARING!

msstitcher1214@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Very fun! We just call him "the sound guy." Can't wait for the pillow project. I bet we could do that during spring break.

Helen L said...

Jill, I can't wait to see the video, and the pillow is just so pretty!! I'll be looking forward ti=o that pattern too! :-) Glad to see that all is going well with you. Hugs, H in Healdsburg (CA)

Unknown said...

So cute!