Monday, November 19, 2012

That Looks Familiar

Thank you for coming along on the Henry Glass Very Merry Holiday Party.  I know all the designers appreciate your participation.  We love our quilters!  I had a good response on my contest, and I have chosen a winner:

VickiT said...Morning Jill ~ Thank you for posting your bread again this year. I had forgotten about that and hope maybe to try it this year. Those placemats are awesome. Thank you for the pattern. And your fabric is just beautiful. . . .

If you are VickiT, send me an email (jill@jillilystudio.com) with your address so I can send your kit and Appli-Glue!

Speaking of prizes, there is a blog hop starting tomorrow using my pillow pattern, Holiday Lane.
 Hop on over to see all the pillows made up using my pattern.  Here is a schedule of all the hop stops.



Look what I saw in the December issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.    I was just thumbing through, and then I saw a quilt that looked vaguely familiar...














 On page 8, in the "I Am A Quilter" section, Jan Hirth of Laguna Niguel, CA has her quilt featured. 

Jan has  made up one of my patterns that was in the magazine.  She used different colors for her version. 








Here is a larger picture of her quilt.   Don't you just love it?  I love to see what you do with my patterns.  You are so creative and it is fun to see another take on the same pattern!
 Here's the original for comparison.  That's "Around the Town."


 Have you made up any of my patterns in a different color way?  I would love to see it!  Send me your photos at jill@jillilystudio.com.  Thanks for sharing!

Jill


No comments: