Monday, February 13, 2012

HGTV Dream Home

Where do you look for inspiration?  I love to look at good design where ever I can find it.  Last Saturday I took the girls to see the HGTV Dream Home.  They say it is a "Park City Dream Home"  but technically, it is in Midway.  The scenery there is beautiful. (I should have gotten a picture of the mountains, but I didn't.)
 When I heard that they were building in Park City, I thought that we should drive by and see it.  Then it occurred to me that they should sell tickets to walk through it, and apparently they had the same idea, so we forked over the money to take a peek inside. (How often do they build the annual Dream Home in your area, anyway?)

  

First of all we get the blue bootie fashion statement.  We are either somewhere very special or we are about to perform surgery.  I think I will get some of these for my new house.  Good idea?

Just off the entry is the great room with its stone covered walls.  It was my favorite room in the house.  (There's my girls. Aren't they cute? Hey Talia, the houndstooth chairs match your coat.  Very cool.)

 I think the reason the stone works and doesn't feel too 'heavy' is because of all the windows.  There are multiple sets of french doors on both sides of the room,
along with these fabulous transom windows.  All that natural light--and beautiful views!

I love this grouping of furniture.   It is warm and inviting.  Don't you just love all the accessories on the coffee table cubes? Fresh flowers just can't be beat.  I love flowers.  
( In my house the glass would be accented with fingerprints!)  
 
The stone goes all the way to the ceiling on the fireplace while the rest of the upper walls are white board and batten which help to lighten the space and make the fireplace stand out.

  
The large kitchen island is the centerpiece of the kitchen.  I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the lighting fixtures over the island, though.   They seem overwhelming for the space.
 
And I might be bothered by the seams on those drum shades. Silly, I know, but I would be turning them to be in the back, depending where I am standing! 

Well, that's all for today.  I will show you more in the next post.

5 comments:

Sarah Tucker said...

Very Gorgeous! ok ok I will enter to win. Wish I could have been there with all my sisters! Cute pics of all you guys! Is this the kind of fun girl get-togethers I can expect...ok I will move up this weekend!! lov ya Mom

Kathy said...

I saw this on Television and wondered what it looked like inside. I hope you have more pictures to share with us for another day. It is a beautiful home.

evelyn said...

A gorgeous house. Love the stone and all the natural lidht.I hope they have blinds inside the windows. I can't stand to sit in front of an uncovered window at night. Creepy. And I agree with you about the shades-seems drive me nuts.

Jen said...

Great idea for a post! I enter for these every year :) maybe this year will be my lucky one!

Diane E W said...

Well it looks like we may be neighbors because I entered the drawing and I know I am going to win! LOL Your tour is better than the one they show on tv. I bet it is gorgeous.