Monday, February 6, 2012

A Horse of a Different Color...

When I was at Road to California, I met so many wonderful quilters who said they have made my patterns.  A few of them sent me photos, so I wanted to pass them along so you can see their beautiful work and how different each quilt looks in another colorway.

The first one is my quilt, AROUND THE TOWN.  Here's the original:
 And here is Jan Hirth's beautiful quilt.  Isn't it just stunning?  I love the border fabric and how she used all the colors in the houses and flowers.  The light green center block adds just a bit of color and is the perfect balance.



 This one is my AHOY! quilt.
. 

I used a prairie point border with straight edges.  Jane Zappia changed up the color scheme and added a scalloped outside edge.  Isn't it fun!!  I love the pop of red in the boats and on the sails--and the green accent.  She found the perfect place for all the right colors.  Those waves are just so cute, too.


Thanks so much ladies for sharing that with us!  If you have made a Jillily pattern, send me a picture!
jill@jillilystudio.com

2 comments:

Richard Healey said...

I love the little boats pretty cool.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

Rosa said...

I love your quilt,fabulous!