Monday, July 26, 2010

RASPBERRY JAM

There were some beautiful berries at the local fruit stand last week. So I HAD to buy them and I whipped up 4 batches of JAM.

Now, this is no great feat, since in only takes a few minutes to make jam, (keep in mind that I tend to exaggerate a little when it comes to time--you know, time flies when you are having fun...) but it was so much fun and the best part is seeing all the finished jars stacked up together on the counter. A plain ol' peanut butter sandwich takes on a whole new persona when it is dressed with HOMEMADE JAM.



I am thinking that a good quilt design could come from berry jam.....Can't you just imagine the blocks and the COLORS!?
What has inspired you this week?

(RemiNdEr: FREE BOOK drawing one week from today--sign up as a follower to win!)

2 comments:

Sherri said...

The jam looks delicious...love to go visit our family in Utah because they always have raspberry freezer jam on hand!

Heather said...

Is it really easy?? I have a whole bag of strawberries and plums I would like to make into jam but haven't the faintest idea how to start....