Monday, May 17, 2010

The last place...

And now for a non-quilting post. A few things I have been pondering this week...

A familiar phrase has perplexed me. It boggles the mind.
Is a mind the only thing that can be "boggled?" Can you boggle something other than cerebral matter? For instance, does your silverware drawer ever get boggled? Or for that matter, your fabric cupboard? Experience has shown that the traffic on I-15 is often boggled. In my opinion, this verb is way underused.

Speaking of familiar phrases, I overheard someone say that they had found a lost item "in the last place we looked." Well, don't we always find it in the last place? Why would you keep looking if you already found it? It seems obvious to me.

It boggles the mind.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Funny! It's like those "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy". I used to get so frustrated when my mom would tell me that something lost was "probably right where you left it." :D

Sinta Renee said...

We say that just... but it's becuase of that reason.