Thursday, May 13, 2010

I had a booth in the HMQS show in Salt Lake last weekend. It was a lot of fun to see so many of you and mingle with a bunch of quilters. My booth was right next to my good friend Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup. She has such fun quilts!
I was excited to show my new book for the first time. I am happy to say that it was well received, and I sold all out of all the books I had, so I needed to order more! The next shipment is on it's way and will be here in a few days.
My daughter Talia and I were pleased to meet Kathi Carter in our booth. Her quilts won 1st and 2nd place in the Applique division of the Quilt Show. Here we are with this talented quilter, and here are a few shots of her wonderful quilt.













Can you believe all that beautiful quilting!?







We also saw Janet Platt of Quick Points Rulers. She was busy all day every day demonstrating her wonderful rulers. I am going to design a few patterns that use the rulers because they make prairie points so fast and easy. I will get to that later.




I am getting a new pattern ready for Market. I will have to show you a preview when I get it pieced. It is on my design wall just waiting for me to come work on it. (And since Market is NEXT WEEK I better get going!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Jill,

I REALLY wish I was going to Market with you! It was so fun. Fingers crossed for Fall!!

PS. Can't wait to see your new quilt! See ya on Saturday!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute pics! I missed the show. Too much going on Mother's Day weekend for me. Darn!! Glad your book is doing well. Congrats.