Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Family Pieces

Last weekend was our family retreat. Thirty members of Family Pieces gathered together for three days of fun, food and fabric. We worked in teams to make a quilt top for everyone. Each team did a row of the quilt (x 30).
Here is Maika holding a lot of rows.












Talia and Sarah trying to decide what color of sashing to use.


The audition wall helps with that.
We did two different color ways of the same quilt. The pattern is in my new book, Stitched Together. Amy is done with hers.


























We had to have a little diversion from our machines, so we ran a relay race involving an apron and some jumping jacks. (My team lost.)













Here we are at the trunk show. In my next post I will show you some of the many amazing quilts from the trunk show.
It was so great to be with everyone again. Most of us see each other only once or twice a year, and quilt retreat is part of that.
Remember to read my book, it is about quilt retreats!







1 comment:

Amy said...

I'll try not to take is personally when you say "my team lost". :) You are fantastic and your book is wonderful. See ya soon!