Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Aurifil Cruise

One of my New Year's resolutions was to write more often on my blog.  So far, so good.  NOT

I guess that is just the way resolutions go.  There has been so much happening around here, I am not sure where to start!  I recently got home from my cruise with the Aurifil quilters.  What a great time we had!  I have to tell you all about it.

First of all, I was so blessed to be joined by by my sweet husband on this trip.  I do a lot of traveling and rarely have him with me, so this was a really fun trip.  While we quilted, he did his own thing, and then we were able to have some time together, too when we were in port.





The ship was amazing!  The largest cruise ship in the world,  Allure of the Seas.  There was plenty to do on board, and lots of wonderful entertainment.



















We sailed from Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

While we were at sea, we quilted.







I taught three workshops--Ahoy, Weekender, and Argyle Avenue.  I had lots of quilters and we learned a lot.  Many of the quilters even spent time in our classrooms in the evenings working on their projects after class.  It was so fun to meet new quilters and have a new experience!





















There were three other teachers, all of us are Aurifil Master Designers, so it was a good crew.   I was joined by Carolyn Freidlander, Victoria Findlay Wolfe, and Tula Pink.  They are all fabulous teachers, so our group was really in for a treat.

I think I was too busy having a good time, so my photos are not the best.  But here we are all together.  I admire these women so much.  They are great ambassadors for Aurifil and wonderful teachers.  I was honored to be with them and delighted to get to know them better.  I know the quilters who took their classes enjoyed it so much and heard lots of positive comments about them.  If you get a chance to meet them or be in a class taught by one of these ladies, be sure to take it!

When we were in port, we played.


Fun ATV rides, beautiful beaches,
















gorgeous forests, and lots of ocean views.



I think I am just now getting back to my normal routine and out of "vacation mode."  What a great experience this was!

Have you been on a quilting cruise?  What did you like about it?

1 comment:

DSGundersen said...

It was a fabulous cruise, Jill. Thanks for everything!