Monday, November 9, 2015

Fall Market Wrap Up 2015

Well I have been home a week, so I guess I have recovered.  Time to get back to work!  I have been playing catch-up this last week after being gone for 12 days.  It always takes a while to get things back to normal.  Whatever that is.

Quilt Market was great for me.  It was so good to have a booth again after missing that for the last 2 Markets.  I did Market alone so I could save my help for the busy show--Festival.  Because of that I really simplified my booth.  No awning, no walls, no shelving, and all the little things that take so much time to get set up.  But I did do my signature black and white checked floor.  It is a requirement!


So some simple draperies and hang a few quilts, and I'm in business.  I decided at the last minute that I needed a "little something."  I picked up a cute red cabinet at Target and put it together in my booth.  I just took my time a worked slowly getting everything done.  I had plenty of time and it worked out great.


This gave me some extra surface area to display handouts and quilts!


Since I was at Market alone, I don't have a whole lot of photos because it was hard to leave my booth.  I was near the Henry Glass booths, and we had an area where each designer did a demo each day.  That kept us busy and with my new fabric and patterns, things were always hoppin'.

The bicycle tote bag was quite a hit.  I just whipped it together right before leaving for Market.  In fact, I finished it in my hotel room!  It was a way for me to showcase the panel from my new fabric collection--Bicycles and Blooms.


I did not even intend to offer a pattern.  But that changed.  Everyone was so interested in it that I quickly decided to take orders and get a pattern written.  I will also be offering a kit, but I don't have it up on the website just yet.  First I need to re-make the bag, doing it right this time and using the real fabrics from the collection.  I am good at making more work for myself!

One of my favorite things about going to Market is seeing all my quilty friends.  Here are a few:

Pat Sloan and I try a selfie.

Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill

Me and Emily Herrick 

Heidi Kaisand is the new owner of American Quilt Retailer!

Kim Niedzwiecki is an Aurifil star!

Alex Veronelli visits my booth.

Edyta Sitar had a beautiful booth.

Amy McClellan of Under the Garden Moon.

Carolee McMullin of AdornIt





















That's all I have about Market for now.  I will post again soon with all the pics from Festival.  So stay tuned. . . . .



4 comments:

KaHolly said...

Great post, Jill. Loved seeing your booth!

Margaret said...

Your booth looks fantastic, Jill! And to think you just "threw it together". What talent!

Stacy Lindblom said...

Oh my heavens, I have to have that bicycle bag! Can't wait for the pattern and kit. Thank you!!

Helen L said...

I think your booth looked great, and I can't believe that you did it alone!! So glad to see you up and looking like you're feeling well. Your hair is so cute!! Love the curls! :-) Big hugs to you!! I'm so happy for you!! Helen