Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Sweet Friends

Hi folks!  Last week I had a surprise visitor at my door.  She brought a gift to me, and I just can't wait to share it with you.  Cori Blunt of Chitter Chatter Designs had made this beautiful pillow for me.  The embroidery is so sweet-- "Friends are like bras... close to your heart…and there for support."


The appliqued roses are incredible--I wish you could see them in person!  And I wish you could get a sense of how big this pillow is--it is hard to tell in the photo.

Maybe this pic with me in it will give you and idea of the size.  (at the risk of looking really weird with no hair and no make-up--oh well--I want you to look at the pillow, not me!)


Anyway, Cori had made this pillow for me in a blog challenge.  The blog hop was started by my good friend, Madame Samm of "Sew We Quilt."  She is also a sweetheart and called to tell me that I was one of the reasons she started this hop.

You can see Cori's post here.  It was all about overcoming breast cancer, and I am honored that she chose me to feature.  She is one of my favorite people!  And very, very talented!  I hope you are familiar with her designs--they are soooo awesome.

I am so grateful for the quilters in my life!  You all have added so much to me, and you inspire me daily!  Keep on stitching!


10 comments:

Dawn Heese said...

You look great Jill!

Tammy said...

What a sweet beautiful gift....I know you will treasure it always. I have been cancer free for a little over a year now. I was lucky with my Breast cancer and didn't need chemo or radiation. Just a modified radical mastectomy and 2 lymph nodes removed. I have finally finished my reconstruction. And still trying to get my life back together. It is a hard road to walk when you are diagnosed with cancer. If you ever need to talk please feel free to email me.

KaHolly said...

Saw her post during the hop! The pillow is even more beautiful with you in the picture than it was when pictured on her blog!!

Judy B said...

I also saw the pillow during the hop, and must say it is beautiful! All the best to you from a 9 year survivor.

Sherry said...

What a sweet gift - beautiful. Love the pic of you with the pillow. I think you look great. My Mom is a 14 yr survivor - wishing you all the best.

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the pillow! You look great, even with no hair! Hope you're feeling well, you certainly look like it! xo

Carol Swift said...

That pillow is so gorgeous and such a sweet creation by Cori...love it! Wishing you a continued and swift recovery!

Doris Rice, The Quilting Queen said...

I saw the pillow in the blog hop. What a great friend Cori is and so talented too. The hop was so inspiring! There was a lot of love and support shown during it. I am giving my quilt away to an organization to do a fund raiser with it. Prayers for continued support and recovery for you!

Sparky said...

I would of never guessed how large the pillow was...I was soo awed when Cori shared what she was doing for you ....and then to see it...welllllllll everything she does makes me at least, want to do better...So glad you like it....it has to be one of the prettiest things I have ever seen...Nice to see you too Jill...xx

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

Oh my goodness Jill... YOU look more amazing than that ol' pillow. I am thrilled that you like it, it is such a sweet post from you. YOU are such a sweetheart, and I can never thank you enough for your kind heart and encouraging words expressed to me. All my best to you Jill, you are close to my heart!