Monday, February 4, 2013

Cedar Retreat

Last week I was in Cedar City, Utah with the Cedar Chest Quilt Guild at their retreat.  It was so much fun.  I taught a couple of workshops and presented a trunk show.  They had about 200 quilters registered for various classes and lectures.


 They do a really nice job of organizing and arranging everything.  The first night I was there, they had a Meet the Teachers night and then a show-and-tell of finished projects from previous retreats.

I was delighted to see some that some of my patterns had been taught there in the past.  Isn't it fun to see the same quilt in different colors?
My "Carosel" pattern from the STITCHED TOGETHER book.  
I think these are prettier than the original!   I just love seeing a fresh take on an old pattern.  Here is the original quilt:


They had also done my "Summer Slices" pattern.


I had a few quilters come by and tell me that they had done several of my patterns, but did not realize that they were all mine.  I guess we like the same "look."

I better get busy today filling orders from Road to California and the Cedar Retreat.

No comments: