Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Seasons of Home Open House

Last Saturday I braved the snowy roads and went up the canyon to visit Seasons of Home Quilt Shop in Midway, Utah.  This photo was obviously NOT taken Saturday, since it was only about 3 degrees, and covered in white fluffy stuff.  But I did want to show you how cute this shop is.  The shop is housed in a historic pioneer home built in 1845.  Midway was settled by Swiss immigrants, and the architecture reflects that.  Since I have Swiss heritage, I am especially drawn to this beautiful little place.


The shop owners had an Open House to celebrate my new book.  So I went up and took all of the book quilts with me to share.  We had a wonderful time as I gave a little demo and explained some of the techniques I used in the book.

Quite a few quilters stopped by despite the weather to get their books signed,

Have a little snack, (these cupcakes were beautiful AND delicious!)
and look around at all the fun projects.

They had my Beyond the Gate fabric line, and had made several samples with it.  It was also fun to see some of my other patterns made up in different colors.  Don't you just love to see the same quilt in different fabrics?  Here is my Cabin Fever pattern done up in reds and greens.

I also loved seeing Garden Rows from my other book, Stitched Together.  It was fun to hear the story of how they made 10 of these quilts in one weekend retreat with family members.

I love the fabric choices in this quilt, don't you?

I have a few events coming up--so I thought I would give you the heads-up:  Next week on Monday, I will be a guest on Pat Sloan's APQ Radio show.  Also, I will be a vendor at the Road to California Quilter's Conference at the end of next week, so be sure to come see me if you are in the area!    I'll give you more info on these an other events as we go along.
Happy quilting!
Jill

1 comment:

Thearica said...

Wonderful quilts! I love how you turned back the backing on the one quilt so it could hang in a corner area... I have an upstairs that I would love to hang some quilts but areas like that have kept me from it. Now I know how! Thanks!