Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Open House - Part 2


 More pictures from the Open House:

Katie and Erin (DILs) were greeting guests at the front door and giving out the key necklaces.

 I forgot to photograph the mudroom, but you can see the quilt on the wall just beyond the kitchen in this pic. 

 Let's go upstairs and see more quilts!  Above the stairway I have hung Looking Glass Tulips.  In the library loft, there is a cabinet with folded quilts.  These are some round-robin quilts that our family retreat has done.  During the Open House, my DIL Katie was up here opening the quilts and explaining how they were made.

I have a really ugly chair that needed to be recovered.  I didn't have time.  Oh well, I'll just cover it with a quilt!  This is the Sorbet Garden free pattern.

Here's a quilt hung as a shower curtain.  I still have this up, I think it is so cute.   This quilt is Dressed to the Nines from the book, Stitched Together  (ST)
 
 
Jordan's bed has Cherry Orchard folded at the bottom.   


The laundry room has American Dream on the wall.


















In the Master Bedroom, Shadow Blossoms from the new book, Home Sweet Quilt (HSQ) is draped on the bed. 
 A cabinet in the room displays several quilts.  Summertime Blues and Meadow hang over the doors, and Wildflower Melody (ST) is folded on a shelf.

I didn't have anything to display in my husband's office, so we used it as the "Christmas room."  The desk is covered with Christmas Village, and lots of stockings hang on the hutch:  Chimney Charmers, Yuletide Stockings, and Snowdrift Stockings.  The pillow in the window is Holiday Lane.

 In my next post, I will show the rest of the house.  Stay tuned!


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the quilt as a shower curtain - could you tell us how you hung it - did you actually make it for that in mind and put holes of some sort in the top to put the shower curtain rings? Beautiful house and beautiful quilts.
Karen

Jill Finley said...

Karen,
The quilt is a double bed size, no holes. I just laid out the rings with the liner on, and pinched the quilt around each ring and pinned with safety pins. You could do a more permanent way, but I wanted to be able to change how I am using it. I thought about sewing ribbons on the back to tie it, but didn't get around to doing it.

Marian said...

Oh, I wish I lived closer so that I could have seen these quilts up close!

I also would like to know how you hung a quilt - Looking Glass Tulips. Did you sew or pin ribbon to the back? And where did you find that lovely rod with the scrollwork?

I'm looking forward to the rest of the "tour"!

Beth said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there. Thanks so much for sharing the fun with the rest of us.

Seeing your quilts displayed all around the house is inspiring me. Now to get some of those red windows...

Jill Finley said...

Marian, I just pin the ribbons to the quilt, that way I can change it out. I bought the rod at RodWorks in Lehi, UT. It was the only one they had at the time, and it was being used as a curtain rod. I talked them into selling it to me!

PamKittyMorning said...

Its really lovely. I wish I could have been there.