Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"My Favorite Bag"

Boy do I have a treat for you.  I ran into a quilter at the store the other day.  (Being as I was in a fabric store, who else would I run into?)  She said she had made a bag out of my fabric, and of course I begged her to send me some photos.  Well, she sent these over, and it is cuter than I could imagine!  What a darling pattern! (and such cute fabric, too.)
 Isn't that the sweetest thing!?  The talented quilter who made this is Janice Hanson from ??? (somewhere around here,  Northern Utah).  She was so nice to send me these photos and let me share them with you.  I know this will inspire you to go make something fun.
 Can you believe all those pockets?    This pattern is so cute!  It is one of the Katie Cupcake patterns by Amy Hamberlin.  It's called "My Favorite Bag."  You can get the pattern here.  Amy is one of the Henry Glass designers, so I get to see her at Market and our booths are always close to each other.  She is so sweet, and so are her designs.  Be sure to check out her site.
I love how Janice used so many different fabrics in the different places on this bag.  On a project like this, a collection of fabrics is great. You know that I always love to use different fabrics in quilts, but when they are made to go together like these are, (from Elizabeth's Letters) the work is already done for you!
Happy  Quilting!

9 comments:

Yumm yumz by patticakes said...

That bag is gorgeous - I think you are going to be seeing a lot of them around because I intend to make one exactly like it!

Barb said...

What an adorable bag!!

Roos said...

Who doesn't want such a bag??/
It's lovely, and all those pockets???
Wow,Roos

Caitie Finley said...

Jill! Oh my gosh, I am loving that bag!! I never saw you make it, its so cute!

moollin said...

Love that bag!! It's a pity she doesn't ship to Canada.

Shirlene said...

That bag is HOT!!!! I love hardware and of course the fabric!!!

Mary Ann said...

This bag is FANTASTIC - especially in the fabric!! I showed this to my local quilt store owner and she's ordering it all!!!!

quiltingcarter said...

How lovely your bag is. I am just starting to decide on the fabric for my bag.

Cobar Patchwork Supplies said...

Fabulous bag,,,, omg i think i am in love......lol with a bag..lol