Thursday, March 3, 2011

Count Down...

Have you ever  been so excited for an upcoming event that you made a paper chain to count down the days?  (since you were 8?)


This is apparently not a "normal" college apartment.  Nope, not normal at all.  There is a sewing room upstairs and I spotted this stack of quilts in the living room.


Looks like the people who live here are QUILTERS!  A little bit unusual in the social world of college life.  But these girls are on the ball!  And what are they counting down to?
Why the Family Pieces Quilt Retreat, of course.
Yes, it almost that time again.  One of the best times of the year.  I just sent my registration off (aren't we official) and signed up for 3 of the 4 optional classes, as well as the main group project.
I am very excited about the main project because it involves wool this year.  I love working with wool!  The colors and texture are so rich and inviting!  And what a joy to applique.  This will be really fun.  We are making a pieced cotton quilt with wool applique.  I will of definitely post some photos of the finished projects when I get back.

But for now it is a few links away.  31 to be exact.  But who's counting?

2 comments:

busyascanbe said...

Make sure to take lots of pictures to share!

Valerie Bybee said...

I love this!!! I just checked out your blog after reading the comment you posted on Tricia's website. You asked me about my blog address. Thought I would give it to you. Blog.myheartandhome.com. You have such cute stuff on here!! Thanks for sharing with everyone.