Monday, October 25, 2010

Time Frame

It is coming down to the wire now.  (Wire you doing this?  Wire you waiting until the last minute to finish?) 

I leave for Market in a few days, and I am still stitching on some applique.  But that is normal.  I have a quilter standing by ready to quilt this project into its glorious finished state.  (I will still have to bind, but that is doable on the plane.)  The main problem with this time frame is that I need to have photos of finished projects for pattern covers and brochures.  Don't worry, it will all work out.

Remember the sailboat quilt?  Thanks for all your suggestions.  I finished it and it is quilted and done!   I've decided to name it 
Ahoy!

 Next is one I was working on called
Daisy Dot.
 The red binding is not yet done, but here it is anyway.  This quilt is pretty big.  I guess it could be on a bed.  The fun thing is that this pattern is "jelly roll friendly."  All the colored pieces in the center are from 2 1/2" strips.  I used the Thistledown line, and I am cutting some JILLY ROLLS  so that you can make it too!

Now if I could just concentrate and get "Meadow" done!  I will show you that later.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Both quilts are so cool. I love them both. Good luck on being ready. It sounds like a lot of work but also so much fun.

Dorian said...

I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now that I just love your Ahoy quilt. It is so cute. I love prairie points and think this is just the neatest thing to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration! Oh, and your Daisy quilt is really darling too! Have fun at market.

Barb said...

Just love both quilts....have fun at market!

Jenn said...

wow Jill, you're amazing....good thing you like to sew!

Karen said...

Love the solution to the sail boat fabric dilemma. Love, love the daisy dot quilt. I need it for my front entry. :)