Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Quilted Blessing

I met a lady in the UPS store the other day. She had a beautiful quilt with her. She had used her father's shirts to make the quilt for her brother. The quilt was getting boxed up to be sent on to it's new owner. I wished I had my camera with me. You would have liked it a lot!
What a good project, to take something old and make it new again, something ordinary and make it precious. Everyday things can become special, important, even sacred by applying your skill and creativity.
Today I am grateful that I have been able to use these skills in helping others. A baby blanket, a gift, teaching someone else. There are so many ways to bless the lives of others through quilting.
I would love to hear how you use your quilting for those around you.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill, I have been busy making baby quilts for my daughters friends. Their husbands are in the Marines and 9 months (or so) after they came back everyone started having those cute babies.
I loved being able to look at your new book and will be anxious to own a copy for myself. What a wonderful idea for a family reunion. Do you let others join you too? We don't have family here but I have a great group of quilting friends that just got back from a "Beach Babes Retreat" in Ventura, CA Let me know if you would like to join us next year in May. Love to read your blog, keep up the good work. Your friend in San Diego, (we met at Road to CA last year, it is ok if you don't remember) Will you be at Long Beach Show in July? Becky

Sparky said...

Natalia linked you and here I am ..what a lovely lady with talents in abundance...that is what you are...blessings to you...I will be following you..I am sew inspired...very new to quilting but enjoying every thread of it all...blessings

Rachel said...

I enjoyed you so much at our guild meeting in Heber City the other night. Thanks for coming up and sharing such great quilts and wonderful ideas with us.