Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Merry Christmas

Well, it has been a long time since I have written. I was so busy getting my book done and then the quilt retreat, and then... Christmas! There was so much to do in such a short time. But we did have a wonderful time. I hope you had a joyous season also.

Here is a look at our gingerbread houses. We have a fun time every year making these creations. We have everything from Stonehenge to a Fairy Cottage. (I guess Seth was in a hurry, and Stonehenge doesn't need much embellishment...) Ben was obsessed with BYU's bowl game win, it seemed to slightly influence his gingerbread creation. Jesse and Caitie made a wonderful Candy store and Talia made a two story Christmas farmhouse. Schuyler's clock tower ended up being green because we ran out of other candies. Katie's Fairy cottage was delightful and included a flying fairy. Isaac and Landon arrived just in time to make a cute house and a road map! I made a peppermint cottage because I could only find red and white candies. Erin's shack was even complete with Santa on the roof. Randy helped Jordan with his house, but he mostly wanted to eat frosting. All in all, it turned out fine, even though we were rushed.


















Here we are getting ready for the Christmas Eve dinner. It was yummy, as usual, and everyone helped get it prepared. I even made Zupfe bread in under 3 hours! (A new record) Anyway, I had a wonderful Christmas with my family who were all here. I hope you did, too! One holiday left to go, and we will be almost back to normal. (Whatever that is!)

No comments: