Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Fabric Line




NEWS from Henry Glass fabrics.
My newest fabric lines will be shown to shop owners this month, so tell your local shop to check them out! I am so excited about these lines. Here is a sneak preview of one of the free patterns.
This line has 19 fabrics, all very sweet. Here's what I wrote about the line for the advertisement:

Elizabeth’s Letters
By Jill Finley of Jillily Studio
This beautiful fabric line is based on a letter written in 1898 by designer Jill Finley’s great grandmother, Elizabeth. It was a farewell letter penned in German script to her daughter Margaritha as she left her beloved homeland of Switzerland to come to America with her younger sisters. Elizabeth was sending her daughters to lead the way to a new life in a new land:

“Memory and farewell words from your never forgetting mother. My dear child, take these few lines with you as you travel. . . Be an example to your brothers and sisters, as the oldest daughter. . . Never forget your parents who raised you with tender care. Pray for the ones who stay behind that they can follow soon . . .
Now goodbye , my dear child. I wish you happiness and God’s blessings throughout your life’s journey. . .
In memory from your mother. Farewell, my dear child. . .”
Jill has combined the graceful lines and motifs of European charm with the sweet look of a new experience into this special collection. The lovely pinks and greens and ‘berries with cream’ will surely inspire you in your new quilting journeys!


Here is a bit of one of the fabrics in pink. (My favorite is the cream with black script.)

I can't wait to get some of this in my hands to start working with!

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

This line of fabric is absolutely beautiful! It really speaks to me. I'll have to keep my eye out for some. I'm even going to put it on my list so I don't forget. ~karen

Kris said...

Wow...I can't wait to see more!!

Christine said...

I am so excited!!! It looks fabulous and I will definitely be making that pattern you've shown. So cute!!!